It’s HOT. Duh.
Headed to my old high school’s track (I haven’t been on that track in 13 years. SO. WEIRD.) to do today’s run. There was a running group there but, at that point, I was not going back for my shirt-get in and get out. It couldn’t have been too awful because they asked if I wanted to join them, so yay for not scaring people!
Anyways, the details:
- 1/2 mile warm-up, untimed
- 4 X 200 with 90 sec recovery. The runs were to be at 1:15. I didn’t realize how to pace myself properly until the 3rd one so the times were: 54 seconds, 1:00, 1:14, 1:15.
- 1/2 mile cool down, untimed
LRG had a brilliant suggestion of using an ice water bucket and a rag to cool down between 200s. BRILLIANT. Made it a lot easier to handle the temperature.
Re: running in a sports bra—It was weird. Didn’t exactly feel liberated (was a bit too self-conscious for that—and all I could think was “tits out!”) but I didn’t feel horrible, so win?
- runnnninghigh said: I use Biochem Sports 100% Whey Protein, not in water. either with coconut milk, or in a smoothie of orange, banana & yogurt. Hope you try it.
- tallmormon said: lots of jobs and no humidity in Utah… just putting it out there.
- tallmormon likes this
- szeeee likes this
- liftheavyrunstrong likes this
- betternikki likes this
- ceebeedoeslife said: Good for you, brave woman!!
- sayhellotocindy likes this
- chrystidoeslife likes this
- jrfred said: Great job!
- jrfred likes this
- setcourseforkona likes this
- amandagetsfit likes this
- runwrite likes this
- deanaisfindinghergroove likes this
- keepingupwithmcjones likes this
- runningwithguts said: Optimum Nutrition 100% golf whey standard. Vanilla ice cream or double rich chocolate.
- runningwithguts likes this
- shortmom likes this
- captainmudphud said: They’re all varying degrees of gross if you ask me. Gold standard whey vanilla is the best in my books… Mostly bc it’s easy to flavor.
- regainingmymoxy likes this
- beachyrunner likes this
- thisfearlesslife likes this
- mar-kicksass likes this
- dembangs likes this
- littlerunnergurl said: Great job sister! Clearly, I need to push you harder, you got those with no worries!
- littlerunnergurl likes this
- uhoh-janellio posted this